IISL President Kai-Uwe Schrogl gave an interview ahead of the Space Tech Expo Europe 2021, which will take place from 16 to 18 November 2021 in Bremen, Germany.
Prof. Dr. Kai-Uwe Schrogl will moderate the panel “Establishing the Building Blocks of a Unified Space Governance for a Safer, More Sustainable Industry” on Tuesday, 16 November, focussing on the following discussion points:
- What is driving the need for a standardised space governance?
- What are the core principles shared between all stakeholders in the space industry (including the public) and how can these be implemented into a standardised framework?
- Cost-benefit analysis: ensuring that future regulation allows for commercial development whilst maintaining long-term sustainable practices.
- What is the best approach for building best practice guidelines and ensuring implementation at both national and international level?
In the interview, he answered the following questions:
- Why is the topic of space governance important to discuss right now?
- How would a unified future regulatory framework impact the space industry?
- What are you most looking forward to at this year’s Space Tech Expo Europe?
In his answers, highlighted the importance of a dialogue aiming to establish a just, equitable and rule-based regulatory framework which can serve to create a level playing field benefitting all actors in the global space economy.
The video of the interview is available here or at the bottom of this page.
To learn more about the Space Tech Expo Europe 2021 and to register for a free event pass, please visit https://www.spacetechexpo.eu.