At the 66th International Astronautical Congress in Jerusalem, the International Institute of Space Law (IISL) officially announced the results of the 2015 elections of candidates for vacant positions on the Board of Directors of the IISL.
The result of the elections was as follows:
For the office of IISL Vice-President:
- Kai-Uwe Schrogl (Germany)
For nine vacant positions as IISL Directors:
- Setsuko Aoki (Japan)
- P.J. Blount (United States)
- Marco Ferrazzani (Italy)
- Joanne Gabrynowicz (United States)
- Corinne Jorgenson (United States)
- Lesley Jane Smith (United Kingdom)
- Milton “Skip” Smith (United States)
- Maureen Williams (Argentina/United Kingdom)
- Zhenjun Zhang (China)
The IISL, during the International Astronautical Congress in Jerusalem elected Professor Elisabeth Back-Impallomeni (Italy) as Honorary Director of the IISL in due recognition of her long-standing contributions to the development of space law and the role of the IISL in this context.