From 25-28 June 2012, during the Toulouse Space Show, the IISL co-hosted the Space and Law Forum and organised the 2nd IISL-IAA Space Law and Policy Symposium.
The Symposium focused on the Sustainable Use of Outer Space, and featured a Keynote and four sessions, addressing Institutional parameters: observers’ perspectives, Sustainable use of the radio spectrum, Responding to Space Situational Awareness and space debris, and Transposing sustainability into effective legal solutions.
Speakers from academia, industry, insurance andnational and international institutions contributed.
Presentations from the symposium are available and listed below:
- KEYNOTE SPEECH – BUILDING UP TO A SUSTAINABLE USE OF OUTER SPACE: Brachet
- INSTITUTIONAL PARAMETERS; OBSERVERS’ PERSPECTIVES: Smith
- TOWARDS A HOLISTIC APPROACH TO SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT FOR THE SPACE SECTOR: Schrogl
- MEASURING RESPONSES TO THE CALL FOR SUSTAINABLE USE OF AND ACCESS TO OUTER SPACE: Lukaszczyk
- ECONOMICAL SUSTAINABILITY OF THE SPACE VALUE CHAIN:ROLES OF GOVERNMENT, INDUSTRY AND PRIVATE INVESTORS: Grimard
- CAN NATIONAL SPACE LAW OFFER SOLUTIONS: Clerc
- ESA’S CONTRIBUTION TO SUSTAINABILITY OF OUTER SPACE THROUGH SSA: Bobrinsky
- SPACE DEBRIS REMEDIATION AS A NEXT STEP TOWARDS OUTER SPACE SUSTAINABILITY: Masson-Zwaan
- CAN SPACE INSURANCE OFFER WORKABLE SOLUTIONS FOR OUTER SPACE SUSTAINABILITY?: Gaubert